Mercy Relief

Yesterday morning, had to wake up earlier then any other Saturday. I had to report to Sengkang MRT station at 7.30 a.m. for the Mercy Relief newspaper collection. I arrived at the gathering point 5 min earlier. There was only a few RI guys. Then at 7.30, everyone started swaming out from inside the station. I saw 2 ex-Taonanite, but they never saw me. Then my group went to collect newspaper from 6 blocks. After collecting from 2 blocks, we loaded the newspapers onto the truck. That was the best part. Everyone were throwing stacks of newspaper onto the truck ramdomly. The truck driver didn't put cardboard by the side and newspaper were flowing out through the railings. Some people were trying to "slam dunk" newspaper onto the truck. One of my friend threw a bag of clothes or magazines too hard that it went over the front of the truck. Later we continued the remaining 4 blocks. At one block, one lift was under repair. We got really fed up with waiting. Luckily, my group managed to finish all 6 blocks an hour before schedule. I left for tuition once we were done.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home