Tuesday, 23 June 2009

Camps in June Hols

Interact Camp @ RI (1 June - 3 June)

First camp of the hols, 3rd of the year. Got excused for 1st day cause got SMO on 2nd June. Camps was sooo fun and slack. Went I went on 2nd day afternoon, we had cooking competition. We were given $20+ and went to NTUC in J8 for grocery shopping. The cooking was the best part. We cooked kang kong, messed-up egg which was supposed to be omelette but turned out worse than scrambled eggs, conflake chicken (inspired by cereal prawn) and some scrambled eggs screwed up with some blueberry drink.
That night, we walked around the school to scare ourselves and went to look for the grave at the back of Senior Block but couldn't find it. Then, I watched a little of Saw V which was soo sadistic in a classroom using the projector. After that I watched a Korean movie called Do Re Me Fa So La Si Do on mysoju until 2 am with 3 other seniors. Some people went out of school after midnight to go to 7-eleven to grab a bite.
The next day, went to look or grave again but still cannot find. Many people said they say it there before. (creepy!)

Survival Camp @ LSF (19 June - 21 June)

Second camp of holidays, 4th of the year. Last camp in the big compound of 6 Macnair Rd. Got to do many fun stuff like fishing, looking at catched bats in nets, building of shelter using logs and sleeping on benches. 1st day was ok, started building shelter and tents put up. The shower was the best shower I have seen in camps, there was hot water. Luckily I didn't have to use buckets like other camps. Lights out at 11pm and had to sleep in tents. But many people went beyond lights out time.
Second day was much better. Finished the shelter but it broke after people started swamming in and sat on it. It was the most screwed one of all the groups'. Had fishing in a drain which was modified to resemble kelong fishing. But I didn't catch any fish. We had service in the main hall @ night with AIR-CON. Unfortunately, my glasses broke but I brought a spare one. We had fried chicken wings for supper but didn't eat. Lights out at 2 am. Had free time from 11 pm - 2 am. I had the best shower that night, took all the time I wanted. And then sat on bench @ parade square until 1.30 am.
I was the first person (besides comanders) to wake up @ 6.20 am. Went to brush teeth and then sat outside enjoying music and sun rise for half-an-hour. The rest woke up at 7.30 am. That morning, took down tents and had COA before going home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home